During this time of uncertainty, various local, state and federal entities are working around the clock to keep you safe and to provide you with the most updated information. While many outlets of information about COVID-19 and resources to assistance are on the internet, we hope to reduce your time searching with this list of links:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Hidalgo County — https://www.hidalgocounty.us/coronavirusupdates
Hidalgo County Hotline Number — (956) 292-7765
Department of State Health Services — https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Office of Governor Greg Abbott— https://gov.texas.gov/coronavirus
Community Council of the RGV: Dial 2-1-1 or visit 211Texas.org for information and referrals to social services, including food, housing, health info, and other assistance.
The Salvation Army of McAllen: Call (956) 682-1468 for information on Emergency Shelter, Grab and Go Meals and other Social Services.
We thank the USDA for creating and sharing the following list of links:
- Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley
- Health Clinics
USDA Coronavirus Resources and Information
For solutions to feeding children impacted by COVID-19, email email@example.com. For solutions impacting America’s food supply chain and other logistical complications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rural Development COVID-19 Response
- Main USDA Rural Development page :https://www.rd.usda.gov/
- Community Facilities Program page: https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/community-facilities-direct-loan-grant-program
- Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant page: https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/distance-learning-telemedicine-grants
U.S. Small Business Administration
- Coronavirus Relief Options
- Paycheck Protection Program
- EIDL Loan Advancement
- SBA Express Bridge Loans
- SBA Debt Relief
Texas Department of Agriculture- Food and Nutrition Division
Texas Workforce Commission- COVID Resources
- Job Seekers
- Child Care Services has received funding to assist Essential Worker parents with child care. Parents are required to complete the Essential Worker Child Care Form. Parents can also submit the form by using this link: https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-child-care (Essential Worker Enrollment forms under “Resources for Parents).