Day of Caring
United Way of South Texas focuses all Day of Caring resources towards providing school supplies for 3,300 Freshmen.
585,000 sheets of paper were distributed, along with 16,500 spiral note books and 3,300 dividers. Each of the 3,300 students received a binder. In addition, 40,500 pens and pencils and other supplies were sorted and distributed by volunteers.
Today, you will IMPACT a LIFE through:
- Homework Assistance
- School Dropout Recovery & Retention Volunteer programs
- Computer Classes
- ESL & Literacy Classes
- Infant Stimulation & Parenting Classes
- Leadership & Character Development Programs
- Drug Prevention Education
- Prepare Adults to Earn GED
- Library Books for Babies