United Way of South Texas currently has this position open:
VITA SITE COORDINATOR
This is a position made possible by United Way of South Texas. View the service description and details here:
United Way of South Texas is a nonprofit organization serving Hidalgo and Starr Counties. We work to improve education, financial stability, health, and safety net for everyone who lives and works in our community.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site Coordinator provides coordination, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the VITA site operation. This position is a part-time (20 hours per week average) seasonal position that begins in January and ends the middle of April.
THE VITA PROGRAM CLIENT CRITERIA
The VITA program serves low- moderate-income families, providing free tax preparation for individuals and families who earn $60,000 or less.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ensures the site complies with all IRS VITA site requirements.
• Ensures that the VITA site is open as scheduled and provides adequate volunteer coverage, supplies, tax materials, and equipment is maintained.
• Ensures that all tax returns are electronically filed with the IRS in a timely manner and that acknowledgments are reviewed.
• Ensures rejected returns are correct, and the taxpayer is advised of any changes.
• Ensures that a quality review is conducted on each return prepared by volunteer tax preparers.
• Site Coordinator maintains accurate records of volunteer certifications and volunteer hours.
• Answers taxpayer questions regarding tax law or their tax return.
• Compile post‐season reports for end‐of‐season wrap‐up and evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Basic tax knowledge (Form 1040 and supporting schedules).
• Complete all training and certification requirements. Pass the IRS Tax Test at the Advanced Level.
• Basic computer skills for inputting tax return information into tax software (TaxSlayer).
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage VITA site Volunteers Ex: 6-10 volunteers during 5-10 hour shifts.
• Must be flexible and dependable with the ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
• Document volunteer time for up to 60 individuals.
• Environmental Conditions: Work is performed indoors with regular local travel in the Hidalgo or Starr county areas.
Please Send Resume to United Way JoAnn Sauceda at email@example.com