United Way of South Texas currently has two positions open:
Community Relations/Public Sector Associate (deadline to apply: April 12, 2019).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Administration, or a related field. Social Work hours or experience is not required but a plus.
Special Knowledge / Skills
- Strong organizational, communication & people skills.
- Experience in developing a year round marketing and communications plan, including the production of campaign brochure, newsletters, annual reports and press releases.
- Knowledge and experience managing social media platforms.
- Preference for a technologically savvy individual who also has experience with WordPress (for website) and Adobe software (i.e. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) for producing United Way promotional material.
- Ability to use personal vehicle (and carry liability insurance) for work purposes.
- Grant Writing skills is a plus.
- Experience in Communications and Public Relations.
- Be collaborative; a team player; results-driven leadership style.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is a plus.
A job description is available upon request. Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit a hard copy to 113 W. Pecan Blvd., McAllen, TX 78501 by April 12 for consideration.
ASSISTANT VITA PROGRAM COORDINATOR (United Way of South Texas Economic Mobility VISTA) (deadline to apply: April 11, 2019).
This is a position made possible by the Corporation for National and Community Service, United Way Worldwide, Americorps VISTA and United Way of South Texas. View the service description and details here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=87293&fromSearch=true